Allthatdips Recipe : Cottage Cheese ( Paneer ) Stuffed Bread Rolls Served with Allthatdips Salsa Picante
Paneer with crunchy interludes of spring onions and spiky green chillies proves its mettle in this deep-fried, crunchy-munchy snack! As a stuffing for bread slices, the paneer mixture adds a soft dimension to every crisp bite of the Paneer Stuffed Bread Rolls. Accompanied by Allthatdips Salsa Picante or Allthatdips Per peri Salsa.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 8 rolls (8 roll )
1/2 cup milk
oil for deep-frying
To Be Mixed Into A Stuffing
1/2 cup crumbled paneer
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions
1 tsp finely chopped onions
salt to taste
- Remove the crusts of the bread slices and soak each bread slice in the milk for 2 minutes. Press the bread slice lightly to squeeze out the excess milk.
- Crumble the bread and mix well to make a soft dough. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Mix well all the stuffing ingredients and Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the bread dough gently using a rolling pin into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the bread dough into a 50 mm. (2") diameter flat circle.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle, bring the edges of the circle together so as to seal the filling inside.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the rolls, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.