Allthatdips recipe: Baked beans and salsa
I am a fan of an English breakfast spread. Eggs, juice, coffee, hash browns everything is healthy except of course the baked beans. You've obviously seen the store bought baked beans and that bright red colour. No. It does not attract me a bit because the can of beans spells and smells of preservatives. I prefer preparing them from scratch at home without putting in a lot of effort. Allthatdips salsa comes to the rescue on such mornings. I tried experimenting using the fresh salsa Tomate and the result was so perfect that the recipe had to be shared. Here it is:
- Kidney beans/soy beans, 1 cup
- Allthatdips salsa Tomate, 1 pack
- Ketchup, 1 tbsp
- Oil, 1 tsp
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to proceed:
- Soak the beans overnight. Boil them with salt until well done.
- In a pan, heat the oil. Add the Allthatdips salsa Tomate and saute. Add half a cup of water and mix.
- Now add the beans, ketchup, salt and pepper and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. You can add more water if the mix turns dry.
- Once ready, serve with toast or buns.
You can even serve these beans on toasties or croutons with some grated cheese as snacks.