A recipe so healthy, so unique and so easy to make that you will keep making it again and again! Vietnamese spring rolls stand out because the dish does not have anything fried- the dish is a healthier version of a normal spring roll. Made with fresh vegetables and boiled rice noodles, these rolls taste best with Allthatdips Sichuan chinese dip.
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 2 -3 julienned green onions
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced Chinese cabbage/ lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro(or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 package rice noodles
- 16 rice paper, rounds softened (8-inch, see note)
- 1⁄8 cup slivered fresh Thai basil or 1⁄8 cup mint
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, green onions, cabbage, olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper: toss well.
- Let marinate at room temp for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles in a medium bowl.
- Cover with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes, or until the noodles are softened. Drain and Set aside.
- Place about 2 Tablespoons of the noodles and about 2 Tablespoons of the vegetable mixture about 1-inch from the lower edge of each rice paper round.
- Sprinkle with basil/mint leaves.
- Fold the bottom edge over the filling; fold in both sides and roll up tightly.
- Press to seal.
- Serve with Allthatdips Sichuan Chinese dip.