Lodhari household has been very picky when it comes to soups, however we adore this recipe and make it a few times a month. We eliminate the broth for a thicker soup, put in about half the cumin and double the lime juice. We also use black bean and peri peri salsa and add about a half cup of corn for an alternative version. Then we serve it with some nonfat yogurt on top and lime tortilla chips for scooping. This recipe is awesome as it is or in variety of its versions.
- 500 g boiled rajma
- 120 ml vegetable broth
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1 table spoon chopped garlic
- 1 jar of allthatdips salsa tomate
- 2 lemon's juice
- 1 tea spoon cumin powder
- 1 tea spoon red chilli flaxes
- 1 tea spoon dired oregano
- 50 ml curd
- fresh coriander leaves
- PLACE 250 g of cooked rajma/black beans with liquid and broth in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Coat large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- ADD blended bean mixture, remaining beans and liquid, salsa, lime juice, cumin and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve topped with yogurt. Garnish with cilantro.