Allthatdips recipe: Independence Day Special Tri-color dips
Social media pages are overflowing with Independence Day recipe contests. While I may not be as creative and innovative as these home chefs, I have my quick ways of preparing fancy food. I believe in assembling basic ingredients to create a visually appealing plate and most often that does the trick. According to the Chinese, we eat with our eyes first. So if your dish looks good, it’s half the battle won.
The long weekend obviously demanded a get together with friends and family. So to live up to the theme of India’s 70th Independence Day, I decided to quickly whip up delish colourful dips and spread them on a French loaf. Allthatdips Classic Salted Hummus comes handy at all times. I also used the salsa to make a few things and those recipes shall be shared shortly too. For these colourful dips, the hummus acted as the perfect base and the flavouring elevated the taste of the plain hummus too. What more can you ask for! The dish was ready in less than 20 minutes making me a happy and relaxed host. So here’s the recipe:
- Allthatdips Classic Salted Hummus – 2 packs
- 1 french loaf or any bread
- Spinach – ½ cup
- Basil – 4-5 leaves
- Green chilli – 1
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves
- Red capsicum – 1
- Yellow capsicum – 1
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Black olives for garnish
- Salt to taste
- For the green hummus – Blend spinach leaves, basil, 2-3 cloves garlic with salt in a grinder. Mix it with half cup of Allthatdips Classic Salted Hummus. You can add a few drops of lime juice for a fresher colour.
- For the orange hummus – Roast the red and yellow bell peppers lightly. Chop them and grind them to a fine paste. Mix the paste with half cup Allthatdips Classic Salted Hummus for the orange dip.
- For the white hummus – Use the Allthatdips Classic Salted Hummus straight from the pack.
- Slice the French loaf and lightly toast it. Spread the dips on the slices and arrange to form a tricolour spread or a colourful plate of party snacks.
- Finely chop olives for garnishing on the toasts with the white hummus dip.