Allthatdips Recipe : CRISPY TOFU HUMMUS WRAPS | Lunch box ideas
Today I want to share a super fun post that is a CRISPY TOFU HUMMUS WRAP! This is the best lunch. Seriously. It travels well in your lunch bag, it’s filling enough to carry you through the afternoon, and it’s really tasty! If you are not a tofu fan, you can easily swap the tofu for chicken. BUT if you are doing tofu I have the perfect way to get crispy tofu! The secret ingredient?
First you’ll need a whole-wheat soft tortilla shell (or gluten-free). Then top with homemade or store bought hummus. Then finally top with vegetables of your choice! As you can see from the photos above, I like to add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado!
- Crispy Tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp rice powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Wrap Ingredients
- 1 whole-wheat soft tortilla wrap (or gluten-free option)
- 3-4 tbsp hummus (allthatdips classic salted hummus or allthatdips roasted garlic hummus)
- ½ cup lettuce, chopped
- ½ tomato, sliced
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- ½ avocado, pitted and sliced
- In a medium bowl lightly toss together cubed tofu, rice powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan on medium with 1 tbsp olive oil and then add tofu.
- Sautee tofu for approximately 15 minutes turning tofu over every 3-5 minutes.
- Tofu is ready when the outside has lightly browned and the texture becomes crispy.
- To make wrap
- Start by spreading hummus evenly on a whole-wheat tortilla wrap.
- Top with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado and tofu.
- Wrap tightly and enjoy right away OR tightly wrap in saran wrap and store in the fridge.