Mexico is the land of flavours, dance and rich authentic culture that has mesmerized everyone with it’s beauty. Mexican food has taken up over the whole world. It’s tingling flavours are certainly a favourite among the crowd. Mexico has given the world various sauces and dips which we have accepted with open arms. Guacamole, salsa, Mexican hot just happen to be some of them.
BECHEF has developed a range of sauces with authentic flavours from all around the world. We bought back the authentic Mexican hot sauce from the country with us. This sauce has flavours so intense they linger longer than a perfume. It is spicy, it is flavourful and it oozes Mexico out of every bite. This sauce is perfect when you need a quick fix for your meal with less preparations. Make delicious tacos, fajitas, rice pots or simply use it as a dip with nachos, this is a versatile sauce which enhances flavours of every dish.
At our SUNDAY BRUNCH, we decided to create delicious burritos with Mexican hot rice fillings. It was super easy to make, did not consume time at all and tasted so good! The kids loved it, the adults loved it. This dish is helpful when you need a filling meal but have less time to prepare it. Read on for the recipe.
MEXICAN HOT RICE BURRITOS
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup capsicum, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups rice
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup boiled corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Bechef Mexican Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese, optional
- Tortilla wraps
- Heat oil in a pan, add in onions, carrots and capsicum and stir until the vegetables soften.
- Add in the beans and corn in the pan. You can use canned beans and corn or freshly boiled, based on your preference.
- Add in the rice and stir well.
- Add in one spoon of Mexican hot sauce in the pan and stir until sauce is properly mixed with the rice. Add salt and pepper and your filling is ready. You can add more sauce if you like your burritos spicy.
- Spread a tortilla wrap and put the rice filling in the middle. Add in grated cheese on top. Roll up the wrap properly so no filling falls out.
- On a pan, put some oil and cook the wrap until it turns slightly golden brown.
- Serve hot.