Pizza With Pasta stuffing
Bechef Pizza sauce as required
1 cup mixed capsicum triangles
7-8 button mushrooms, sliced
3 tbsps sweet corn kernels
6-8 black olives, pitted and sliced
70 grams mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
Dried red chilli flakes for sprinkling
Dried oregano for sprinkling
1 Cup prepared Pasta
1½ cups whole wheat flour + for dusting
20 grams fresh yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil + greasing
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven at 180˚C.
2. In a bowl, add yeast, 1 tsp sugar, ¼ cup warm water and set aside to activate.
3. In a large bowl, add whole wheat flour, activated yeast, olive oil, salt and sufficient water. Mix well and knead to soft dough.
4. Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and set aside to prove.
5. Dust flour on a worktop and knock back the proved dough. Take a portion of the dough, shape it like a ball and place it on the worktop. Slightly flatten the top.
6. Roll the dough into a disc and place it on a greased baking tray. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside to prove.
7. Now apply pizza sauce on one side of the dough on the half portion and place pasta in a straight line to the same half and fold it nicely to cover the pasty throughout. Apply pizza sauce on the remaining part and spread it evenly. Sprinkle a portion of the mixed capsicums, mushrooms, 1 ½ tbsps sweet corn kernels, sprinkle a few slices of black olives, add a few mozzarella cheese cubes and place the tray in the oven.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes or till the cheese melts. Take it out of the oven and transfer to a serving dish.
9. Sprinkle dried red chilli flakes and dried oregano. Serve hot.