EXCLUSIVE RECIPE- LEBANESE HALVA
The land of Middle East is very Mesmerizing. The cuisines are very exotic and very delicious. Their choices of ingredients and their ways of cooking are very different from the rest of the world. Middle Eastern cuisine always stands out from the lot. One such staple item that they have given us is Tahini- a rich paste made with fresh ground sesame seeds.
Tahini is usually used as one of the ingredient in making Hummus or is used in making Falafels and other dishes. But very rarely has it been used to create a dessert. A Halva or Halava, which originates from Lebanese households, is an authentic dish which takes no time to make and tastes delicious. Us Indians have big sweet tooth and find joy in indulging in sweet dishes. At our SUNDAY BRUNCH, this Lebanese Halva surely stole hearts of everyone. It tastes so authentic and so different than the halva that is usually prepared in Indian households. Read on for the recipe.
- 1 Cup Powdered Milk
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Bechef Tahini
- Pistachios ( optional )
- Mix Powdered milk and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Add Tahini and mix with a spatula or hands until a soft dough kind consistency is obtained.
- Add the pistachios in the mixture and mix well.( optional )
- Put the mixture in an Air tight container drizzle some oil over it and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. You can also keep it overnight
- Cut pieces of the Halva and serve cold.