Convincing Your Kids to Eat More Fiber with an Hummus Sprouted Sandwich - Lunch Box recipe
Are you trying to find new ways to add fiber to your child’s daily lunch diet? Commonly found in short supply in a child’s lunchbox, fiber is essential for proper digestion and therefore the increased absence of stomach aches. Additionally, fiber is proven to lower your child’s risk of heart disease and diabetes later in life.
However, most readers probably know about fiber’s nutritional value and it’s finding new ways to encourage your child to eat their fiber-loaded lunch items that is the primary hurdle to ensure his/her balanced diet.
Here is a fiber rich sandwich recipe that is just awesome. It is rich in fiber, taste and packs a punch when it comes to taste! Kids will love this sandich and moms do as well!!
- Multigrain Bread 2 slices
- AllThatDips Classic Salted Hummus
- Moong Sprouts
- Cucumber (Thinly Sliced)
- Carrots ( jullian cut)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Roasted Tomatoes and or Red Bell Peppers (Optional)
- Sliced Garlic Stuffed Olives (Optional)
- Lightly salt thinly sliced cucumber circles and Jullian the carrots and place them in a shallow bowl of balsamic vinegar (1-2 Tsp of vinegar should suffice)
- Optional: Toast two slices of Multigrain bread
- Spread an even layer of Althatdips Classic Salted hummus on the first slice of bread
- Optional: Place roasted tomatoes and sliced olives on top of the hummus. We have used avocadoes
- Add your balsamic marinated cucumbers to your sandwich along with Moong sprouts