We make this for Halloween every year at my son's request! It's like spaghetti using bow-tie pasta! It is mixed together with mozzarella cheese cubes and baked in the oven. The bow-tie pasta is the bats and the stringy, gooey mozzarella cheese is the cobwebs!
1 (8 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
.5 kg red beans ( cooked )
1 small onion, chopped (optional)
1 tub allthatdips peri peri salsa
100 g mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water, bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Boil pasta, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Cook and stir ground beans and onion in a large skillet until beans are cooked, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Stir in peri peri salsa sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir cooked pasta and half of the mozzarella cheese into the sauce; toss to combine. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.